Saturday, January 4, 2014

Ruth. Part 3.

Wow! What a brave and strong woman Ruth is. Chapter three brings us to the threshing floor where Boaz and other men measure out barley. Naomi has asked Ruth to lay at the feet of Boaz after he has fallen asleep in order to seek his blessing. So Ruth does as she's asked and puts her reputation on the line. Boaz sees her in the middle of the night and makes a promise to protect her as a next of kin AND sends her home with six measures of barley for Naomi.

What an act of faith and love! A reputation can follow you for a lifetime and in some cases beyond the grave. Ruth put everything on the line to lay at the feet of Boaz. If the other men had seen her it could have turned bad quickly. Do I have enough trust and faith to do the same thing? What am I willing to do in order to fulfill God's will in my life?

PS--This is the view outside my cabin in Idaho.

1 comment:

  1. Now I will know what is going on if I ever wake up to you laying at my feet! :)

    ReplyDelete